Vintage Beachside Cottage
This year ‘round home is furnished with antiques and a scholarly library; it is 75 feet from a private, sandy beach.
Contemplative space for an artist or academic. Ideal for a single person or a couple.
Groton Long Point, Connecticut.
- 5 miles from Mystic Seaport; 4 miles south of I-95, Exit 88 or 89.
- Several nearby, marinas.
- Airport: GON (Groton-New London) is 6 miles away.
- Train: AMTRAK service to Westerly, Rhode Island, Mystic Seaport, & New London, CT.
- Ferry Service from Fisher’s Island & Orient Point, Long Island to New London, CT
Built in 1917, the two–storey cottage has easterly views of Long Island Sound & Noank Harbor.(On a very clear day, Block Island is visible of the horizon.) The home’s main floor has a large, wrap-around porch. Upstairs, two of the bedrooms open to a shaded balcony. Approximate interior space is 1300 sq. ft. Original beaded boarding and yellow pine floors still grace the interior.
- 4 small rooms w/ closets (3 are currently furnished w/ beds:
1 room w/ double bed, 2 rooms, each w/ a single bed
4th room is owner’s storage area
- Glassed-in sun-porch with space for a cot
- Bathroom w/ large shower (no tub)
- Exterior balcony w/ water views
- Living room
- Dining room
- Spacious kitchen
- Powder room
- Large, covered porch with dining table & seating areas. Wicker furniture
- Location of washer, dryer, water heater, furnace, electrical panel.
Parking: Gravel driveway w/ space for 2 medium-sized cars
Please note—ours is one of the earliest, shingled homes in Groton Long Point. To protect its unique character, it has had minimal remodeling. There is a dishwasher, large new refrigerator, and updated electrical panel w/ circuit breakers. No TV now, but cable service is available in this neighborhood. DSL modem is currently installed. Both bathrooms and a spacious kitchen retain their vintage character. Washer & dryer are in basement, which has separate ground-level entrance.
The house is raised on stone pillars; two exterior sets of steps lead to the porch and first floor. There is one interior staircase from living room to bedrooms and full bath on second floor. Our home would not be practical for everyone, but it could be the right nest for you.
No smoking. No pets.
Credit check, security deposit, and personal references will be needed.
OFF-SEASON (15 Oct-till Memorial Day weekend)
$1650 month + utilities.
Preference given to longer term rentals.
HIGH SEASON (Memorial Day weekend-15 Oct)
$8,000 per month + utilities.
$2,600 per week, for a minimum of 2 weeks, will be considered.
Contact owner via e-mail: email@example.com and phone.
Please leave a message: 941-961-4448