Vintage Beachside Cottage
This year ‘round home is furnished with antiques and a scholarly library; it is 75 feet from a private, sandy beach.
Contemplative space for an artist or academic. Ideal for a single person or a couple.
Groton Long Point, Connecticut.
- 5 miles from Mystic Seaport; 4 miles south of I-95, Exit 88 or 89.
- Several nearby marinas.
- Airport: GON (Groton-New London) is 6 miles away.
- Train: AMTRAK service to Westerly, Rhode Island, Mystic Seaport, & New London, CT.
- Ferry Service from Fisher’s Island & Orient Point, Long Island to New London, CT
Built in 1917, the two–storey cottage has easterly views of Long Island Sound & Noank Harbor. (On a very clear day, Block Island is visible of the horizon.) The home’s main floor has a large, wrap-around porch. Upstairs, two rooms open onto a shaded balcony that faces East, towards the open Atlantic. Approximate interior space is 1300 sq. ft. Original beaded boarding and yellow pine floors still grace the interior.
- 4 small rooms w/ closets: 1 room w/ double bed,
1 room w/ twin bed, 1 room w/ narrow daybed
4th room is owner’s storage area
- Glassed-in sun-porch
- Bathroom w/ large shower (no tub)
- Exterior balcony w/ water views
- Living room
- Dining room
- Spacious kitchen
- Powder room (toilet & sink)
- Large, covered porch with dining table & seating areas. Wicker furniture
- Location of washer, dryer, water heater, furnace, electrical panel.
Parking: Gravel driveway w/ space for 2 small cars
Please note—ours is one of the earliest, shingled homes in Groton Long Point. To protect its unique character, it has had minimal remodeling. There is a dishwasher, refrigerator, and updated electrical panel w/ circuit breakers. No TV now, but cable service is available in this neighborhood. DSL modem is currently installed. Bathrooms and kitchen retain their vintage character. Washer & dryer are in basement, which has separate ground-level entrance.
The house is raised on stone pillars; two exterior sets of steps lead to the porch and first floor. There is one interior staircase from living room to bedrooms and full bath on second floor. Our home would not be practical for everyone, but it could be the right nest for you.
No smoking. No pets.
Credit check, security deposit, and personal references will be needed.
OFF-SEASON (mid-Oct-till April or May, depending on holidays)
$1850 month + utilities.
Preference given to longer term rentals.
HIGH SEASON (Memorial Day weekend through October)
$8,000 per month + utilities.
Owner currently in residence, but $2,900 per week during Aug, Sept, Oct 2014 may be considered. Flexible start day and additional nights possible.
Contact owner via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
& phone 941-961-4448.
Please leave a detailed message with your phone & email.